Mon. Jun 27th, 2022

MYSTERY friend of the Queen was one of Prince William’s six godparents, but little is known about her.

As is normal for Royals, one of Prince William’s godparents is a European monarch, but the other five have a range of backgrounds including Lady Susan Hussey.

She is thought to be one of the Queen’s closest friends and became as such through writing letters for her. She has since climbed through the Royal ranks.

Thought to be a key member of the monarch’s inner circle, Lady Susan became a godmother to Prince William during his christening in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace on 4 August 1982, just over a month after he was born on 21 June.

Other godparents were King Constantine II of Greece, Princess Alexandra, The Duchess of Westminster, Norton Knatchbull, 3rd Earl Mountbatten of Burma and Prince Charles’ mentor, Sir Laurens van der Post.

82-year-old Lady Hussey is a long serving lady-in-waiting to Her Majesty.

Lady Susan is the youngest daughter of the 12th Earl and Countess of Waldegrave and was married to BBC Chairman of the Board of Governors Marmaduke Hussey from 1959 to 2006.

Read our Royal Family blog below for the latest updates…

  • Royal family may give disgraced Prince Andrew new role

    Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the Duke of York is trying to “arrange a comeback”.

    Mr Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk: “Andrew is in the background, though he is trying to arrange a comeback and it is getting him nowhere.

    “Indeed there is even more adverse publicity but public support is near zero.

    “He has to accept that, at 62, he has no future public role. The Royal Family have to create one for him, such as managing the royal estates.”

  • Megxit probe to stay private, source claims

    As controversry around Harry and Meghan’s exit from the Royal Family ramped up, the Queen reportedly issued a probe into their complaints.

    The Queen paid a private law firm for an inquiry into the claims, the Sunday Times reports.

    The results of the probe will never be made public, but instead kept under wraps permanently to protect the privacy of those who took part, the paper reports.

    It’s understood Her Majesty also weighed up the tensions between the Sussexes and the Palace when deciding to keep the investigation private.

    Courtiers had insisted the inquiry, which was launched in March last year, should “not be played out in public” to ensure those who took part felt “comfortable”.

  • Platinum Jubilee caused a spike in COVID

    22,000 people are thought to have attended the Platinum Jubilee concert.

    Two strains of COVID are said to be on the rise and a report estimates an increase of 43% of people has COVID in the week following the jubilee.

    The Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5 are believed to be on the rise.

    Scientists have suggested that though the variants are on the rise anyway, the long weekend “would certainly not have helped”.

  • Prince Charles shares sweet post with Prince Philip

    The 73-year-old took to Instagram to share a photo with his late father.

    On his second father’s day since his father passed away last year, Prince Charles uploaded a photo on Instagram of himself laughing with his father, Prince Philip.

    He captioned the image: “Wishing everyone a very happy Father’s Day!”

  • Fergie reveals name Eugenie and Beatrice call her

    Sarah Ferguson has a book set to be released about her life.

    The former wife of accused sex offender, Prince Andrew, has a book coming out about her life stories.

    She is the mother of Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, and over the years has made headlines.

    Speaking to LBC about her book, the 62-year-old revealed that her daughters, whom she referred to as “my babies” think she is “too trusting.”

    She explained: “My girls call me, I’m like a big puppy dog, a Labrador.”

  • Prince William’s ‘eye opening’ Big Issue experience – well-intentioned but patronising?

    The second in line to the throne has a special interest in helping to end homelessness.

    Earlier in the year, the Prince took to the streets of London to sell The Big Issue, a magazine sold by those dealing with homelessness and long-term unemployment.

    Asked about why he chose to sell the magazine, he spoke about Princess Diana taking him to a homeless shelter when he was 11 and that he would do the same for his children.

    He explained: “Ever since I came here with my mother, homelessness has stuck with me as an issue I want to fight for.

    “I’ve done everything I can to raise the profile of the homeless, and I want to do a lot more.

    “While I may seem like one of the most unlikely advocates for this cause, I have always believed in using my platform to help tell those stories and to bring attention and action to those who are struggling.”

  • Andrew FUMES as Will and Charles ban him from public appearances

    Reports have emerged that the disgraced Prince Andrew is no longer speaking with his brother and nephew, after they made the decision that he should no longer appear at public events.

    This has reportedly enraged the duke, who wishes to rebuild his public life.

    The royal was set to attend the Royal Ascot yesterday.

    A source said: “Andrew is desperate to rebuild his life and wants his titles back.

    “But he is fuming with Charles and William for stopping his plans.

    “He doesn’t want to talk to them. Battle lines have been drawn and this has put a cloud over Balmoral in the summer.”

  • Platinum Jubilee caused a spike in COVID

    22,000 people are thought to have attended the Platinum Jubilee concert.

    Two strains of COVID are said to be on the rise and a report estimates an increase of 43% of people has COVID in the week following the jubilee.

    The Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5 are believed to be on the rise.

    Scientists have suggested that though the variants are on the rise anyway, the long weekend “would certainly not have helped”.

  • George Ezra was left shocked by the scale of the Jubilee event

    Despite being a huge star, George Ezra had to provide ID to enter Buckingham Palace.

    The Hertford native said: “There was this whole stress of what you need to get in. There was a list – utility bill was one of them. We were like, ‘Let’s just do it by the book… do what they want.

    “I was a bit ignorant about how big an event it was. I got on stage and on seeing The Mall, I went, ‘Oh my God’. A couple of days later I walked down The Mall to soak it all in.

    “But it was great to be a part of it in real time.”

  • Who are the most popular royals?

    Most people would agree that the Queen is the most favoured royal.

    YouGov have published a poll that shows who the most popular royals are.

    The Queen is top with 75% popularity while Prince Andrew, unsurprisingly, brings up the rear with 12%.

    Even Prince Philip, who passed away last year, is more popular than a number of royals including Prince Andrew and his daughters, Prince Charles and Meghan Markle.

  • The Queen was absent from Ascot, but Kate wowed in polka dots

    Kate and William attended Royal Ascot looking quite the pair.

    The Cambridges had been absent from Ascot so many were excited to see them, and looking so good too.

    The Queen was absent from this year’s events due to her limited mobility, however Kate and William eventually made an appearance.

    While William was dapper in his coat tails, stole the spotlight in her Alessandra Rich white dress with brown polka dots. She paired it with a brown Sally-Ann Provan hat and brown pointed heels.

  • Camilla and Prince Charles always find time for each other

    The Duchess of Cornwall got candid with British Vogue.

    In her debut for the staple magazine, Camilla spoke of her schedule and how she and Prince Charles manage to stay close.

    The 74-year-old said it was lovely when they finally find time together.

    She said: “It’s not easy sometimes, but we do always try to have a point in the day when we meet.

    “Sometimes it’s like ships passing in the night, but we always sit down together and have a cup of tea and discuss the day. We have a moment.

    “It’s lovely to catch up when we have a bit of time. You know when we go away, the nicest thing is that we actually sit and read our books in different corners of the same room. It’s very relaxing because you know you don’t have to make conversation.

    “You just sit and be together.”

  • Used to write letters and now best buds with the Queen

    One of Prince William’s godparents used to write letters on behalf of the Queen.

    Godparents of royals are often foreign royals or heads of state, however Lady Susan Hussey managed to make the inner circle and become Prince William’s godmother.

    Starting off as a letter-writer for the Queen, Lady Susan became friends with the now-96-year-old monarch and worked her way up the ranks to becoming her lady-in-waiting.

    Now 82-years-old, Lady Susan is reportedly still very good friends with the Queen.

  • Is the Queen okay?

    At 96-years-old, questions of the monarch’s health have been more frequent.

    During the platinum jubilee, the Queen missed many events due to limited mobility.

    She’s started handing more responsibility to other members of the main family, but we’re also seeing her less and less.

  • The Queen was just too week to spend time with Harry and Meghan

    The Sussexes spent little time with the monarch.

    Throughout the Platinum Jubilee, the Queen missed a number of events due to limited mobility.

    It’s been reported that she spent little time with her grandson, his wife and their two children due to family tension.

    However, that theory has since been debunked – it’s reported that it’s again, due to the Queen’s lack of strength.

  • Go Away, Uncle!

    Prince William has reportedly made clear he doesn’t want Prince Andrew in the family anymore.

    Prince Andrew is known to have shared company with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

    He’s also been accused by Virginia Giuffre of sexually abusing her – an accusation he firmly denies, but then paid out £12million.

    According to a friend, Prince William thinks his uncle holding on to the spotlight “is dangerous for the institution.”

    The friend continued: “He would have cut him loose a long time ago if it had been up to him.

    “He understands that when it comes to mother and son the situation is complicated, but honestly I think he just wishes he would vanish from public view”

  • Good morning! I’m Ije Teunissen-Oligboh with the latest on all things Royal today.

  • Harry irrelevant to William, claims royal commentator

    The Duke of Sussex is “almost irrelevant” to the future anticipated by Prince William, according to a royal commentator.

    Express.co.uk reports that royal commentator Richard Eden believes the Duke of Cambridge does not see his once close brother in the future of the Royal Family.

    Speculating on rumours Prince William has moved on from the row with the Duke of Sussex, the Daily Mail Diary Editor said he believes this doesn’t mean there has been some healing to their relationship, reportedly damaged by the Sussexes’ decision to step back as senior royals.

    He said he believes the future king considers his younger brother “almost someone from his past”.

  • Royal family may give disgraced Prince Andrew new role

    Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the Duke of York is trying to “arrange a comeback”.

    Mr Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk: “Andrew is in the background, though he is trying to arrange a comeback and it is getting him nowhere.

    “Indeed there is even more adverse publicity but public support is near zero.

    “He has to accept that, at 62, he has no future public role. The Royal Family have to create one for him, such as managing the royal estates.”

  • Megxit probe to stay private, source claims

    As controversry around Harry and Meghan’s exit from the Royal Family ramped up, the Queen reportedly issued a probe into their complaints.

    The Queen paid a private law firm for an inquiry into the claims, the Sunday Times reports.

    The results of the probe will never be made public, but instead kept under wraps permanently to protect the privacy of those who took part, the paper reports.

    It’s understood Her Majesty also weighed up the tensions between the Sussexes and the Palace when deciding to keep the investigation private.

    Courtiers had insisted the inquiry, which was launched in March last year, should “not be played out in public” to ensure those who took part felt “comfortable”.

  • Cambridges ‘fed up’ with Meghan, claims report

    It has been sensationally claimed that Kate Middleton and Prince William are “done being nice” to Meghan Markle, after the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.

    A source told Heat magazine: “It seemed clear that Kate had no interest in playing nice with Meghan. And sad as it is, William feels the same.

    “The view is that the Sussexes were lucky to receive any type of goodwill after the damage and embarrassment they’ve caused the monarchy.

    “Neither side looks likely to back down.” 

    This claim comes following reports that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge snubbed Lilibet’s first birthday party.

  • Kate Middleton has ‘had enough’ of Prince Harry, source claims

    A royals expert has claimed that the Cambridges are “done playing nice” with Meghan and Harry.

    This follows reports that the pairs efforts to an extend an olive branch to the once-royals fell on deaf ears.

    A source told Heat magazine: “It seemed clear that Kate had no interest in playing nice with Meghan. And sad as it is, William feels the same.

    “The view is that the Sussexes were lucky to receive any type of goodwill after the damage and embarrassment they’ve caused the monarchy.

    “Neither side looks likely to back down.”

  • William shares cute fathers day snap

    Prince William has shared an adorable Fathers Day picture.

    The photo was taken during a top-secret holiday to Jordan last year.

    A source said of the pic taken in Jordan: “It captures their bond perfectly.

    “They are all laughing and smiling and having a great time together.

    “It was released for Father’s Day, which is a very important day for William and Kate.”

  • ‘Within days’: Will and Kate could move to Windsor this week

    Reports have emerged that Kate Middleton and Prince William will move into Windsor’s Adelaide Cottage within days of Prince Williams’s big 40th birthday, on June 21.

    Speaking on this development Royal commentator Jonathan Sacerdoti told Royally Us: “I think more or less coinciding with his 40th birthday, they’re making this move.

    “It’s been rumoured for a while, that they do it and now, they’re doing that, which will bring them much closer to the queen.

    “And possibly it will give them a different way of being able to bring up their kids.”

  • William and Charles have explosive row, as Prince of Wales claims he was being ‘airbrushed’ out of son’s life

    Prince Charles had “explosive rows” with his eldest son, Prince William, after feeling that he was being “airbrushed” out of the Cambridges’ lives, it’s reported.

    Insiders say the Prince of Wales was hurt when William became close to the Middleton family – and felt “bruised” by their relationship.

    Charles is rarely able to attend last-minute family events as his busy diary is organised up to six months in advance, they said.

    It means he has been forced to miss “impromptu” birthday parties for his grandchildren George, Charlotte and Louis, the Daily Mail reports.

    Royal editor Rebecca English said: “Explosive rows between father and son were often overheard by staff, with Charles — who hates family confrontations — burying himself in his paperwork to avoid the conflict.”

    However, in recent years the men have become much closer as they step up to support the Queen.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.